Worker killed by carbon monoxide poisoning near Baltimore

Updated Jan 12, 2016

hard hat fallen in dirtA construction worker in Maryland was found dead last month from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to a report from CBS Baltimore, Broca Celaya Gerardo had stayed late Dec. 22 to continue work in the basement of a home being renovated in Woodlawn.

Around 9 a.m. the next day, firefighters responded and found lethal levels of carbon monoxide. Fire officials say a gas-powered generator was the likely source of the gas.


There were no carbon monoxide detectors present in the home.