During its annual spring meeting in Washington D.C., the Construction Industry Round Table (CIRT) elected Wayne A. Drinkward as Chairman of the organization for a term of one year.
Drinkward is Chairman & CEO of Hoffman Corp., where he works in a wide range of markets, and will replace H. Ralph Hawkins, FAIA, Chairman Emeritus of HKS, Inc.
“It is exciting to chair a group that represents so many great companies that are at the forefront of our economic recovery and so much a part of our national discussion on rebuilding American infrastructure,” Drinkward said in a press release.
“Each year, CIRT is fortunate to have a highly-accomplished leader from the design and construction industry step into the role of Chairman, and this year is no different with the election of Wayne Drinkward,” CIRT President Mark A. Casso, Esq., NAC said in the press release.” He has been extremely successful in building Hoffman Corporation into a respected business and community leader in Oregon, and has shown that same thoughtful insightful approach within CIRT. His knowledge of the emerging cyber, network systems, and power needs as they relate to the proposed national infrastructure initiative will be of great value.”
The following members were also elected as CIRT officers:
- Charles A. Bacon III, Chairman & CEO Limbach Holdings, Inc., Pittsburgh, Pa., as Vice Chairman;
- Paul Franzen, President, Barnard Construction, Bozeman, Mont., as Treasurer; and
- H. Ralph Hawkins, FAIA, Chairman Emeritus, HKS, Inc., Dallas, Texas, will serve as Immediate Past Chairman on the Executive Committee.
CIRT also welcomed the following industry leaders as new directors on the board through 2020:
- Greg Cosko, President & CEO, Hathaway Dinwiddie Construction, San Francisco, Calif.;
- Peter Emmons, Founder & CEO, Structural Group, Columbia, Md.;
- Steven L. Edwards, Chairman & CEO, Black & Veatch Holding Co., Overland Park, Kan.; and
- Daniel P. McQuade, Group President, AECOM Construction Services, New York, N.Y.
“CIRT is fortunate to have a dedicated board of such highly regarded industry professionals,” Casso said in the press release. “We offer congratulations to our new officers and directors, and thank all of our current and outgoing directors for their service to CIRT and its members, as well as the design/construction industry.”