The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) and Caltrans will hold a dedication ceremony for the completion of the I-5 Gateway project, which began in 2006, on Sept. 28 at 1:30 p.m. PT.
The project has resulted in adding two lanes in each direction on the Santa Ana Freeway for two miles in Orange County from the Riverside Freeway (SR-91) to the county line.
The dedication will be held at 6277 Auto Center Drive, Buena Park, Calif. 90621 at Auto Center Drive and the northbound I-5 Beach Boulevard on-ramp.
The following people will be present at the ceremony:
- Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez, 47th District
- State Sen. Lou Correa, 34th District
- Jerry Amante, Tustin Mayor and OCTA Chairman
- Art Brown, Buena Park Mayor and OCTA Director
- Will Kempton, CEO of OCTA
- Cindy Quon, Caltrans District 12 Director
- Lucy Dunn, California Transportation Commissioner and Orange County Business Council president and CEO
- Hasan Ikhrata, executive director, Southern California Association of Governments.
The I-5 Gateway is the final freeway project funded by the original 20-year Measure M, Orange County’s half-cent sales tax dedicated to transportation improvements.