If the scorching Arizona summer heat and the rest of the dangers inherent to construction weren’t enough, a crew in Scottsdale recently had to contend with an angry swarm of bees.
According to The Arizona Republic, firefighters responded to an early morning call placed by a construction crew on July 14. Upon arrival of the construction site, firefighters found a worker that had been stung more than 100 times by bees.
The worker was treated and taken to a hospital. One other member of the crew was evaluated for his injuries at the scene.
A large hive was found on the site and was removed by a beekeper. There was no threat to the public as the crew was not working in a residential area.