The Texas House is meeting today for a third special session, where lawmakers will continue to discuss state transportation funding, according to a report from My San Antonio.
During the special session, representatives will vote on a proposal to use a portion of the severance taxes collected from the state’s oil and gas industry to fund transportation. The proposal 100 votes to pass.
A similar measure passed the state’s Senate but failed to pass the House before the second special session expired last week.
KVUE reported that the House was scheduled to meet at 2 p.m. today and could vote on the bill as early as Monday evening.
- Texas Two-Step: D.C. reauthorization first, then Austin
- Texas lawmakers agree to tap Rainy Day Fund for transportation
- Transportation spending bill passes Texas House, moves to Senate
- Texas Senate, House propose differing transportation funding plans
- Texas transportation funding proposal heads to second special session