Compared to one year ago, the number of new financed construction equipment units sold rose 11 percent this August, according to Equipment Data Associates figures.
Used financed construction equipment sales on the other hand, continued their lackluster performance, with 3 percent fewer units sold this August than in August 2013.
Year to date through August, the average number of new units sold each month has increased 19 percent compared with the same time last year, while the average number of used units sold has increased 1 percent.
The top new models in terms of financed units sold during August were:
1. Bobcat T590 compact track loader, 63 units
2. Cat 259D compact track loader, 61 units
3. Kubota SVL90-2 compact track loader, 55 units
4. Cat 336E L excavator, 54 units
5. Bobcat S650 skid steer, 48 units
6. Cat 289D compact track loader, 47 units
7. Cat 938K wheel loader, 45 units
8. Bobcat T650 compact track loader, 43 units
9. Cat 320E L excavator, 43 units
10. John Deere 310SK backhoe, 42 units
As they have throughout this year, in August compact track loaders led all other types of financed equipment sold, with 685 new units sold. Also at the top of the list of new machines sold were compact excavators, 564 units; excavators, 512 units; skid steer loaders, 469 units; wheel loaders, 417 units and backhoes, 223 units.
Editor’s Note: Equipment Data Associates is a division of Randall-Reilly and tracks public Uniform Commercial Code-1 filings submitted by lenders in financed equipment transactions.