The Association of Equipment Manufacturers has elected officers and directors for 2005. The group elected Charles Stamp, Jr. chairman. Stamp is vice president, public affairs worldwide for Deere & Company. Other officers the group elected are: first vice chairman Gerald Shaheen, group president of Caterpillar; second vice chairman Dennis Eagan, group president industrial/power equipment for Blount; treasurer Charles Martz, president of Link-Belt Construction Equipment; and secretary Dennis Slater, AEM’s full-time president. AEM officers, along with the association’s board of directors, set the operating policies and guidelines of the association in areas including product safety/technical support, equipment statistics, market trends data, public policy representation and education and safety training.
The group also named agriculture and construction sector vice chairmen. Richard Brown, president and chief executive of Krause, is vice chairman-agriculture, and Charles Foster, executive vice president and general manager of Sweepster, is vice chairman-construction.
Members of the association’s board of directors are:
· Steve Berglund, president and chief executive, Trimble
· Don Calhoun, executive vice president, DeLaval
· David Crompton, executive director, industrial business, Cummins
· Dennis Eagan, group president, industrial/power equipment, Blount
· Charles Foster executive vice president and general manager, Sweepster
· Russell Fowler, president and chief executive, Krone NA
· Phil von Hemert, president, Tramac
· John Olsen, president, Metso Minerals
· Jean-Pierre Parenty, president, Parenty-Reitmeier Translation