The American Concrete Institute (ACI) announced the release of the printed and digital editions of its 2017 Manual of Concrete Practice, which contains ACI documents needed to answer any questions about code requirements, specifications, tolerances, concrete proportions, construction methods, evaluation of test results, and many more topics. It also includes the totally reorganized version of ACI 318, Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary.
Topics covered in the manual include the following:
- Design of reinforced concrete and masonry structures;
- Design and construction of floors on grade, pavements, and parking lots;
- Specification writing;
- Concrete mixture proportioning;
- Concrete mixing, transporting, and placing;
- Hot- and cold-weather concreting;
- Inspection and testing;
- Construction tolerances;
- Repair, Renovation, and Rehabilitation; and
The 2017 Manual of Concrete Practice is available in printed and digital formats with options that include an eight-volume set with separate index, a USB drive, and a 1-year online subscription that includes all new and archived versions of the documents provided. To order, call 248-848-3800 or visit www.concrete.org.