The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) recognized 10 winners and two finalists of its 2015 Operation Excellence Awards during its recent midyear meeting in Seattle.
The awards are presented in five categories, including Asphalt Operations Safety Innovation, Community Involvement, Ecological, Outstanding Brochure and Outstanding Website.
“NAPA members strive for excellence in constructing high-quality asphalt pavements and in every aspect of their operations,” says NAPA Chairman Kevin Kelly. The five Operational Excellence Awards categories recognize a company’s commitment to operational practices that make them good contractors, good industry ambassadors and good neighbors.”
Winners and finalists include:
Asphalt Operations Safety Innovation Award Winners
- Oldcastle Materials – Montana Companies of Helena, Montana: Asphalt drum non-entry rescue system
- Payne & Dolan of Waukesha, Wisconsin: Lighted spray bar on the tack truck
- Superior Paving of Gainesville, Virginia: McCav air brake warning system
- Valley Asphalt of Cincinnati, Ohio: Transfer slat catwalks
Community Involvement Award Winners
- Mid-Central Division of Rogers Group of Gallatin, Tennessee
- The Community Team at Silver Star Construction of Moore, Oklahoma
Ecological Award (Existing Plant) Winner
- Ajax Paving Industries of Florida of North Venice, Florida: Plant 1 in North Venice
Ecological Award (New Plant) Winner
- Payne & Dolan of Waukesha, Wisconsin: Control #10 in LaGrange, Wis.
Ecological Award (New Plant) Finalist
- Staker Parson, an Oldcastle Materials Company of Ogden, Utah: Brigham City Plant
Outstanding Brochure Award Winner
- The Earle Companies of Wall, New Jersey: “The Earle Companies Marketing Brochure”
Outstanding Website Award Winner (State Asphalt Pavement Association)
- Colorado Asphalt Pavement Association of Centennial, Colorado: www.co-asphalt.com
Outstanding Website Award Finalist (State Asphalt Pavement Association)
- Illinois Asphalt Pavement Association of Springfield, Illinois: www.il-asphalt.org
NAPA is currently accepting nominations for the 2016 awards program, with submissions for the Quality in Construction Award due Oct. 7 and Operational Excellence Award submissions due Dec. 2.