The Kansas Department of Transportation approved more than $64 million in highway construction and maintenance projects as its most recent letting. The projects also involve bridge replacement work.
Approved projects include:
District One — Northeast
- Atchison – 159-3 KA-3077-01 – U.S.159, bridge #050 (Little Stranger Creek) located 4.8 miles west and north of the east U.S.159/K-9 junction, bridge replacement, Ebert Construction Co Inc & Subsidiary, Wamego, Ks, $686,847.50.
- Douglas – 10-23 KA-4204-01 – K-10, south of K-10 on E 1900 Rd (on the east and west sides), slide repair, King’s Construction Co. Inc., Oskaloosa, Ks, $389,621.60.
- Statewide – 35-106 KA-4001-01 – I-35, detector installation for rural travel times along interstate, intelligent transportation system, Phillips Southern Electric Company Inc., Wichita, Ks, $605,795.00.
- Statewide – 32-106 KA-4274-01 – K-32, beginning 0.899 mile west of 250th Street then east to the Leavenworth/Wyandotte county line and beginning at the Leavenworth /Wyandotte county line to bridge in Bonner Springs and the K-32 and 4th Street intersection, sealing, 16.8 miles, Vance Brothers Inc., Kansas City, Mo, $687,492.19.
- Wabaunsee – 70-99 KA-4231-01 – I-70, bridge #018 located 0.18 mile east of the I-70/K-138 junction (westbound), bridge repair, Bettis Asphalt & Construction Inc., Topeka, Ks, $178,367.40.
- Wyandotte – 70-105 KA-4104-01 – I-70, bridge #158 located 0.44 mile west of the I-70/I-635 junction, bridge repair, Comanche Construction Inc. & Subsidiary, Shawnee Mission, Ks, $681,394.66.
- Wyandotte – 635-105 KA-4188-01 – I-635, bridge #302 (northbound to westbound ramp over I-635) located at the I-635/I-70 interchange in Kansas City, bridge repair, Comanche Construction Inc. & Subsidiary, Shawnee Mission, Ks, $35,411.00.
- Wyandotte – 435-105 KA-4234-01 – I-435, bridges #206, #207, #213 and #214 at the I-435/I-70 junction, bridge repair, Comanche Construction Inc. & Subsidiary, Shawnee Mission, Ks, $1,868,308.15.
District Two — North Central
- Clay – 24-14 KA-3241-01 – U.S. 24, from the east city limits of Clay Center east to the Clay/Riley county line, milling and overlay, 8.1 miles, Hall Brothers Inc., Marysville, Ks, $1,912,458.41.
- Geary – 77-31 KA-2367-04 – U.S. 77/K-18 junction, 2.1 miles north of I-70, grading, bridge and surfacing, 1.5 miles, Hamm Inc., Perry, Ks, $15,215,592.81.
- Morris – 56-64 KA-3089-01- U.S. 56, bridge #005 (Haun Creek) located 1.64 miles east of the U.S. 56/K-149 junction, bridge replacement, Ebert Construction Co. Inc. & Subsidiary, Wamego, Ks, $807,668.71.
- Statewide – 106 KA-4289-01 – U.S. 54, from the east U.S. 54 junction east to the Kingman/Sedgwick county line, K-11, from the U.S. 54/K-11 junction north to the Kingman/Reno county line and K-11, from the Kingman/Reno county line north to the K-11/K-61 junction, crack repair, 23.7 miles, Pavement Pro’s LLC, McPherson, Ks, $143,948.15.
District Three — Northwest
- Russell – 84 KA-4261-01 – K-18, beginning at the east K-18/U.S. 281 junction then east 13.3 miles to the Lincoln/Russell county line and K-232, beginning at the Lincoln/Russell county line north 8.96 miles to K-18/K-232 junction, sealing, 22.3 miles, Mid America Road Builders Inc., Platte City, Mo, $612,117.70.
District Four — Southeast
- Cherokee – 7-11 KA-1586-01 – K-7, from K-7/U.S. 160 junction (Columbus) north to the Cherokee/Crawford county line, grading, bridge and surfacing, 11.1 miles, Koss Construction Co., Topeka, Ks, $35,123,661.75.
District Five — South Central
- Butler – 54-8 KA-4271-01 – U.S. 54, beginning at the east city limits of El Dorado east to the Butler/Greenwood county line, crack repair, 17.2 miles, Pavement Pro’s LLC, McPherson, Ks, $98,640.28.
District Six — Southwest
- Clark – 54-13 KA-4276-01 – U.S. 54, beginning at the Meade/Clark county line northeast to the Clark/Ford county line, crack repair, 10.1 miles, Mission Construction Co. Inc., St Paul, Ks, $129,875.08. Kearny – 50-47 KA-3272-01 – U.S. 50, from the west city limits of Lakin to the east city limits of Lakin, pavement reconstruction, 1.0 mile, Smoky Hill LLC, Salina, Ks, $1,804,219.15.
- Meade – 160-60 KA-4011-01 – U.S. 160, bridge #014 (Gyp Creek) located 11.07 miles east of the U.S. 160/U.S. 54 junction, bridge replacement, L & M Contractors Inc., Great Bend, Ks, $1,939,457.85.
- Statewide – 27-106 KA-4270-01 – K-27, beginning at the south U.S. 160/K-27 junction north to the Stanton/Hamilton county line and K-27, beginning at the Stanton/Hamilton county line north to the south city limits of Syracuse, sealing, 28.2 miles, Mid America Road Builders Inc., Platte City, Mo, $730,067.80.
- Saline – 81-85 KA-4227-01 – U.S. 81, bridges #090 and #091, located 3.16 and 3.17 miles respectively north of I-70 over the Saline River, bridge repair, Bettis Asphalt & Construction Inc., Topeka, Ks, $246,276.30.
- Statewide – 15-106 KA-4282-01 – K-15, beginning at east K-15/K-18 junction then north to the Dickinson/Clay county line and beginning at the Dickinson/Clay county line then north to the south city limits of Clay Center, sealing, 23.1 miles, Mid America Road Builders Inc., Platte City, Mo, $605,065.70.