Who needs a table when you’ve got a tailgate?
That’s the idea behind this custom 2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty, built by Extang Truck Bed Covers with the help of students at Washtenaw Community College’s Custom Cars and Concepts program.
Dubbed the “Ultimate Tailgate Truck,” and unveiled at the SEMA 2018 show in Las Vegas, this 2019 F-350 Lariat dually is equipped with everything you need to eat good food and watch a good game in the great outdoors.
What makes this custom creation special is its rear end, which is fitting for a truck named for “tailgating.” The Washtenaw students and Extang installed a custom-fabricated, low-profile cargo slide, allowing you to pull whatever’s in the bed closer to the tailgate for easy access. That cargo slide also has an integrated expanding “game table” for all those games that involve Dixie cups and ping pong balls.
Flanking the game table to the left is a swing-out cooler. To the right is a grill that has been integrated into the tailgate.
Finishing the tailgating experience off is an ingenious use of a bed cover: when you fold it up, you’ll find a 65-inch 4K TV mounted to the other side.
But all of the add-on equipment really just scratches the surface of all the modifications done to create this truck. Included in the spec list below are a custom dropped air suspension and stunning 24-inch copper-plated wheels.
- Custom-designed bolt-on suspension by ARFT’s Speed Shop [CR1] with four-link rear end
- Air Lift Performance 3P air management system includes four-corner pressure control, SMC fittings and lines, VIAIR air compressors and Dominator 2600 air springs
Wheels and tires
- Fuel Off-Road Wheels DRW Maverick 24-inch custom copper-plated wheels with black-painted accents and custom babymoon lug covers
- Dilente DX10 Bandit A/T tires, 285/40-24
- Ford Accessories hard folding bed cover by Extang, sportliner by BedRug and front wheel well liners
- Black custom-painted Ford platinum grille
- AkzoNobel Modern Classikk Black Hole Black® paint with Sikkens Autoclear® clear coat custom-applied by students from Washtenaw Community College’s Custom Cars and Concepts program
- Billet custom copper-plated F-350 fender badges
- Shaved door handles with SPAL door poppers by Custom Cars and Concepts students
- Undercover swing cases with custom-installed Maxxsonics MB Quart eight-inch speakers
- Ford Accessories all-weather floor mats and B&O premium audio system