The iconic Delorean DMC D12 may be the star of the Back To The Future movie franchise, but it was a 1985 Toyota SR-5 Xtra Cab 4×4 that a teenaged Marty McFly longed for – and Jennifer Parker, of course.
For what was widely referred to as Back To The Future Day, Toyota celebrated October 21, 2015—the destination date in Back to the Future Part II—with a re-creation of Marty McFly’s SR5 dream truck from the movie, using its all-new 2016 Toyota Tacoma that went on sale last month.
To make the 2016 Tacoma look like a modern-day version of the classic from the movie, a number of modifications were made, including:
- Custom 1985 Toyota truck exterior paint
- Off-road suspension
- Toyota Racing Development (TRD) wheels
- BFGoodrich tires
- Custom front and rear tubular bumpers
- Custom light bar
- KC HiLites Gravity LED G46
- KC HiLites Daylighter Gravity LED
- Custom “D-4S” fuel injection badging
- Custom tailgate with iconic “TOYOTA” logo
- Custom vintage headlight and tail light design
- Mud flaps reminiscent of a 1985 Toyota truck
The movie trilogy never reveals wether or not Marty actually persuaded Jennifer to take that trip to the lake, but one thing is for sure; Needles is probably still wanting that race.