Rogers Brothers celebrated its 100-year anniversary August 12 and 13 with its employees, distributors, customers, Albion, Pa., residents and members of the Penn-Ohio chapter of the Antique Truck Club of America.
Charles, Louis and Hugh Rogers established the company in Albion in 1905 as a steel fabrication firm specializing in bridge building. They were soon confronted with the difficulty of finding trailers to transport supplies and equipment to jobsites. So the brothers began designing and building trailers for their own use. In 1914 the first Rogers trailer was sold commercially. The expansion of the American highway system and the building boom created a growing need for heavy-haul trailers, and by 1917, trailer manufacturing became Rogers’ primary occupation.