The American Public Works Association (APWA) has released its top ten list.
It’s not like funnyman David Letterman’s top ten list, but a top ten list that’s considered a coveted and prestigious honor and award in the industry. This is a list of APWA’s Top Ten Public Works Leaders of the Year for 2009.
The award recipients are the following:
- William “Bill” Kappel – Director of Public Works, City of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- Dan Hartman – Public Works Director, City of Golden, Colorado
- Raul Godinez II, Director of Public Works, City of Oakland, California
- David H. Miller, P.E. – City Engineer, City of Branson, Missouri
- Earl E. Newman, P.E., PTOE, Assistant Director of Public Works/Traffic Engineer, City of Springfield, Missouri
- Daryl Grigsby, Public Works Director, City of Kirkland, Washington
- Joseph J. Superneau, P.E., Executive Director, Springfield Water and Sewer Commission, Springfield, Massachusetts
- William A. Verkest, P.E., Director of Transportation and Public Works, City of Fort Worth, Texas
- Linda J. Petelka, B.Sc., Manager, Business and Infrastructure Services, Region of Halton, Ontario
- Nabi R. Fakroddin, P.E., S.E.F. ASCE, Senior Project Manger, HNTB, Downers Grove, Illinois
Each Top Ten Public Works Leader will be recognized at a local event and during an awards ceremony as part of APWA’s International Congress and Exposition in Columbus, Ohio, Sept. 13-16.
To see the Top Ten recipients from 1960 to 2009, go to APWA’s National Awards Program Web page.