Ritchie Bros.’ third Houston auction of the year brought in more than $46 million in sales with more than 4,700 equipment items and trucks sold over the two-day event.
The company reports there were more than 4,250 bidders from 57 countries at the event, with more than 2,850 registering to bid online. Roughly 58 percent of the sales were to online bidders.
“We had a very successful auction with a wide range of equipment items and trucks selling for just about every sector,” says Ritchie Bros. Regional Sales Manager Alan McVicker. “Enthusiastic bidder turnout both onsite and online, along with strong pricing, helped make this our largest June auction ever in Houston. We had an impressive line-up of cranes that attracted a lot of attention from around the world, we were particularly pleased with the price we got for a customer selling a Manitowoc 16000 440-ton crawler crane that went for US$2.25 million. I would like to offer a big thank you to all of our consignors, bidders and buyers that continue to make our auctions great events.”
Specific equipment items sold during the auction include:
- A 2013 Manitowoc 16000 440-ton self-erecting crawler crane sold for $2.25 million
- Three 2013 Grove RT540E4 40-ton 4×4 rough terrain cranes sold for a combined $577,500
- Two 2014 Caterpillar D6T XW dozers sold for a combined $545,000
- A 2014 Caterpillar MH3059 material handler sold for $360,000
- Two 2012 Volvo A30F 6×6 articulated dump trucks sold for a combined $330,000
- A 2016 Peterbilt 389 sleeper truck tractor sold for $95,000