The Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT) has launched a real-time travel information website, www.CTTravelSmart.org, that incorporates data from the agency’s Statewide Intelligent Transportation System network and Highway Operations Center to create a “personalized user experience providing dynamic functionality.”
“Empowering the motoring public with accurate, verified, up-to-the-minute information regarding traffic information and road conditions has never been more important than it is today with so much relying on our state’s roadway system,” says CTDOT Commissioner James Redeker. “Reducing congestion and getting people, goods and services to their destinations on time is a paramount priority for the CTDOT. Informed travelers can avoid congestion and that is the foundation of why we have created CT Travel Smart – because we want you to travel smart Connecticut!”
The site also provides details on travel related “amenities” that include:
- An interactive traveler information map with selectable layers to display real-time travel information.
- List screens to provide information on incidents, travel times, and camera feeds in a list format.
- Driving and transit trip planning features, allowing users to get accurate real-time travel times for specific trips.
- Personalization features to allow users to personalize the application to show cameras and routes that are most relevant to them.
- Services that allow registered users to receive personalized alerts via SMS text or email regarding travel conditions on personalized routes called “MY ROUTES.” Users can select how, when, and for what routes they wish to receive alerts on.
CTDOT plans to add options to include multi-modal as well as bus transit details.