Designed and engineered by Martec, the AR2000 Super Recycler is the world’s only 3rd generation Hot-In-Place Asphalt Recycling System that is commercially manufactured and available anywhere in the world. Based on Martec’s patented hot air heating process, the AR2000 is indeed a unique self-propelled ‘traveling asphalt plant’.
The AR2000 offers the most modern technique for hot recycling of deteriorated asphalt wearing course in-situ, surpassing the economic and environmental performance of traditional resurfacing methods.
Quality and operating efficiency:
- Heating, soft milling, remixing (with improvement if required) and placing back up to 50mm of surface course in one pass over continuous movement of the recycling train
- No need for overlay and/or seal coating
- High quality rehabilitation of various asphalt pavements, including OGWC (porous) and SuperPave
- Production of high quality recycled Hot-Mix asphalt on site, with virtually no temperature differentials or density segregation, at the rate of two to three lane-km per day
Energy and economic savings:
- Conservatively, 50% savings in energy consumption
- On average, 80% savings of non-renewable resources
- Additional revenue from carbon credits
Clean and safe environment:
- Enhanced highway safety through improved skid resistance
- Lifecycle GHG reductions by an average of 6kg per m2
- No need for RAP disposal.
Sustainable road maintenance:
- High quality rehabilitated roads with demonstrated life of 10 years
- 100% re-use of materials contained in the existing cover layer of asphalt
- Return of traffic flow to the rehabilitated road 2 hours after HIR resurfacing
Martec supplies its equipment anywhere in the world. With a proven track record of successfully rehabilitated roads completed to date, the AR2000 Super Recyclers delivered millions of square meters of the regenerated pavements on four continents, in such diverse countries as Canada, China, Costa Rica, India, Iran, Italy, Japan, Mexico and the United States.