The Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI), which provides research support to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), other agencies and private industry, is seeking nominations for a new director.
Duties of the director include:
- Governance of TTI
- Philanthropy/fundraising experience
- Establishment of vision, mission and strategic direction of TTI
- Interaction with state and federal legislative branches
- Establishment of collaborative projects with other members of TAMUS and other universities
- Establish and maintain communication with the Vice Chancellor for Engineering
- Establishment and maintenance of a close working relationship with TxDOT, United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and other federal and state agencies as applicable
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with the private sector
TTI contracts primarily with the agencies of the USDOT at the federal level and operates with a current budget of $65 million with 700 employees. These include 38 faculty, 89 graduate students and 116 undergraduate students. TTI is headquartered in College Station, Texas, and maintains offices throughout the state as well as Washington, D.C. and Mexico City.
The institute is a separate state agency with the Texas A&M University System and is within the Engineering Program and reports directly to the Vice Chancellor for Engineering.
More information is available by submitting requests to TTIDirectorSearch@teex.tamu.edu.