The U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office (ITS JPO) is hosting a webinar on how to prepare data for the Research Data Exchange (RDE) system for the Connected Vehicle Pilot Deployment Program.
The webinar is scheduled for March 2.
The pilot program aims to “combine connected vehicle and mobile device technologies in innovative and cost-effective ways” to “improve traveler mobility and system productivity while reducing environmental impacts and enhancing safety.”
Three areas have been selected as pilot sites, New York, Wyoming and Tampa, Florida, where the first phases of the program are being conducted:
- Phase 1: Concept development activities leading to later phases.
- Phase 2: Design/build/test step and
- Phase 3: Operations
ITS JPO in December offered a series of technical assistance webinars for the pilot sits as well as early deployers of connected vehicle systems.
This webinar will cover issues relating to collecting, preparing and submitting data from the pilot deployments for posting to the RDE for review and analysis.
Three speakers are scheduled, including:
- Walker During, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) transportation specialist, will detail expectations with sharing data from the pilot projects with USDOT.
- Jon Obenberger, FHWA transportation research engineer, will go over the objectives, currently available data and the desired data to post on the RDE.
- Rick Glassco, principal with Noblis, will report on the issues researchers should consider and requirements for preparing and submitting information to support posted data.
“Preparing Data for the Research Data Exchange for Connected Vehicle Deployments” is set for 11 am to 12:30 pm EST March 2. Registration is available here. More details on the Connected Vehicle Pilot Deployment Program is available here.