The Iowa Transportation Commission has approved a 2015 Iowa Transportation Improvement Program (ITIP) amendment to add highway and bridge projects for fiscal year 2015, a move made possible by the recent 10-cents-per-gallon gas tax approved by Gov. Terry Branstad.
The new projects total $33.2 million, which is the amount expected to be collected for FY 2015. The projects will begin in calendar year 2015.
- Planned projects and land purchases include:
- Four interstate construction projects
- Two “non-interstate” bridge modernization projects
- Two “non-interstate” pavement modernization projects
- One safety project
- Right-of-way purchase for improving U.S. 20 from Correctionville to the west junction of U.S. 59
Projects part of the ITIP are fully listed here.