M-B Companies marked its centennial anniversary in June, hosting a variety of events to commemorate the occasion. Two open houses, one held June 16 in Chilton, Wisconsin, and another at the company’s headquarters in New Holstein on July 7, included plant tours and early equipment displays. A parade featured the M-B 1946 Power Grader 10 and the 1946 Road Maintainer.
The company, founded in 1907 through a partnership between brothers Otto and Fred Meili and metalworker Paul Blumberg, began by producing agricultural equipment but branched out to build a variety of machines, including cannery conveyor systems and junior cars. Following the development of a broom powered by a single horse in 1922, M-B began to grow into a maintenance equipment company. The company now has three specialty divisions – attachments, pavement marking and airport snow removal equipment.
M-B also released “A Century of Innovation,” a DVD outlining the company’s past as well as introducing current products and employees. For more information on M-B Companies visit www.m-bco.com.