Ingersoll Rand has launched a lineup of heavy-duty pneumatic tools that don’t emit sparks, for working in hazardous conditions.
The new spark-resistant impact wrenches and drills are as follows:
- 1’’ 3940B2TiEX, 3942B2TiEX and 1 1/2’’ 3955B2TiEX impact wrenches – Designed for oil and gas, power generation and other demanding industries. They deliver up to 5,000 foot-pounds of reverse torque. The motor package includes a seven-vane rotor and bronze end plates for durability.
- 1/2’’ 7803RAKCEX and 3/8’’ 7802RAKCEX reversible drills – deliver 500 rpm and 0.50 horsepower. They are designed to be quiet and feature reversible motors and keyless chuck.
- 1/2” 2131PEX impact wrench – Features a twin hammer impact mechanism for control and precise delivery of power and speed.
- 3/4’’ 2925RBP1TiEX impact wrench – Features a twin hammer impact mechanism, a titanium hammer case and a corrosion preventative treatment on internal parts. Operators can easily alternate the motor between forward and reverse for maximum torque during fastening applications.
- The tools meet ATEX European directives for controlling explosive atmospheres.