Officials with the Finnish Metso Corporation recently toured the headquarters of its leading global distributor, the Mellott Company in Warfordsburg, Pennsylvania.
The family-owned Mellott Company serves the aggregate, slag, construction, and power industries. It’s a distributor for Metso, which makes products that range from mining and aggregates processing equipment and systems to industrial valves and controls.
The board members had an opportunity to see one of the first Metso GP 7 crushers installed in the United States by Mellott Company.
Metso officials had chosen to tour the Mellott Company because it was named Metso’s outstanding distributor of the year in 2016. Among those visiting were board members of the Metso Corporation, President and CEO Nico Delvaux and other company officials.
“They wanted a first-hand look at what makes Mellott the leading global distributor for Metso,” according to a press release.
The visitors toured several areas of the campus and observed operations in the repair and maintenance shops, warehouse, application engineering and fabrication shop.
They also learned about Mellott Company’s operating strategy which, the companys says, blends the following key functions:
- Application engineering for proper equipment selection
- Custom contract processing which includes full customer support service to turn customer’s resources into profitable end products
- Repair and maintenance solutions with skilled technical personnel
- Precision rebuild services to renew process equipment
- Rental of capital processing equipment