The Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) 2017 Summit, scheduled for January 10-13 in Chicago, has added new professional dealer education sessions to the program aimed at enhancing customer engagement, sales and product support for distributors.
The association, with roughly 500 distributor member companies, represents companies involved in the distribution, rental and support of equipment used in construction, mining, forestry, power generation an industrial applications.
“AED wants to provide a convenient program for attendees to grow and develop skills unique to the construction equipment industry,” the association says. “With each session, there are tremendous opportunities to expand on existing knowledge while learning new, valuable information to take back to your dealership.”
The sessions will run January 10-12, with AED identifying the following “key takeways” for the program.
- Determine how to get the most out of ConExpo-Con/Agg 2017
- Discover key issues for the equipment distributor industry
- Communicate and manage different personality types
- Enhance your technician strategy and align your talent
- Learn the top reasons why your rent to rent fleet is under-performing
- Delegate to become a high performing and efficient dealer
- Determine marketing strategies for your dealership
- Detect how to maximize your parts, service and sales profitability
The seven topic areas and specific sessions include:
- Modern Marketing Strategies for Engaging Invisible Buyers Online
- How To Get the Most Out of ConExpo-Con/Agg 2017
- Dealing With Difficult Customers and Situations
- What’s Your Uber?
- The Science Of Silence: Can You Hear Your Body Talking?
- Keeping You Connected to Your Customers
- The Polished Professional
- Wine 101 for Business
- Navigating the New Lease Accounting Regulations
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Key Issues for the Equipment Distributor Industry
- Forecasting for 2017: An Economic Outlook
- The Evolution of Employment Law: How Social Media, Marijuana, and LGBTQ Rights Impact Your Business
- The View From the Hill: Risks and Opportunities in the New Political Environment
- A Dealer’s Guide to Navigating Private Equity
- The Business Benefits of Minority and Woman Owned Dealerships
- Run, Hide or Fight: Surviving an Active Shooter Event
- Communicating with Impact: Managing Personalities Different than Yours
- More than Just Compliance: The Changing Face of Wage and Labor Law
- That’s the Way We Do Things Around Here
- Innovative Technician Recruiting
- Aligning Talent with Your Business Strategy
- Turning Investment into Margin: How to Make Your Customers Appreciate You
- Does E-commerce Really Work in Our Industry?
- Parts Inventory: Valuable Asset or Black Hole?
- Maximizing Parts Sales and Profitability
- Drone Industry 101: The Critical Components to Use Drones Effectively
- A Financial Perspective on Dealership Operations
- Future Distribution – Rent to Rent is Required!
- Top 10 Reasons Why Your Rent to Rent Fleet is Underperforming
- Negotiating the Big Sale – Tips for Aspiring Sales Leaders
- Predictive Marketing Strategies for the Data-Driven Dealer
- VITAL Planning Regimens for Construction Equipment Sales Professionals
- The SELL Process – Your Offense and Defense (part 1 and part 2)
- Investing in Relationship Capital
- Getting More Done – Effectiveness and Time Management
- When to Outsource: Partnerships That Pay
- Knowing When to Delegate
More details on the AED 2017 Summit are available at https://aednet.org/events/summit