At its May meeting the Illinois Tollway’s board of directors approved five construction contracts and six professional engineering service contracts valued at $53.7 million.
“The contracts approved today will allow us to make good on our commitment to deliver Move Illinois projects on schedule and within budget and keep our system in a state of good repair,” says Illinois Tollway Executive Director Greg Bedalov. “These investments also will allow the Illinois Tollway to sustain job opportunities and help support a strong transportation network for the region.”
So far in 2017, the Tollway board has approved more than $160 million on contracts.
Construction contracts awarded in May include:
- $4.8 million to Lorig Construction Co., Des Plaines, Illinois, for improvements on the Tri-State Tollway (I-94) near Grand Avenue including barrier wall, lighting, pavement marking and signage.
- $4.7 million to The Bowa Group Inc. Chicago, for data center renovations at the Tollway’s Downers Grove headquarters.
- $2.1 million to Fence Masters Inc., Chicago Heights, Illinois, for right-of-way fence installation on I-90 between the Elgin Toll Plaza and the Kennedy Expressway.
- $1.4 million to Foundation Mechanics LLC, Des Plaines, Illinois, for landscaping, grading and drainage improvements on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) between Illinois Route 31 and the Kennedy Expressway.
- $1.3 million to E.R. Bakey Inc., Carpentersville, Illinois, for parking lot improvements at the Tollway’s Downers Grove headquarters.
This month’s professional engineering services contracts awarded include:
- $25 million to CH2M Hill Inc. / Knight E/A Inc., Chicag, for environmental impact statement and related reports for the Illinois Route 53/120 Project.
- $4 million to Engineering Services Group Inc., Aurora, Illinois, for administration and support for the Tollway’s facilities Job Order Contracting Program.
- $3.9 million to Environmental Design International Inc., Chicago, for design services for maintenance facilities improvements.
- $2.5 million to J.A. Watts Inc., Chicago, for design and construction management services for intelligent transportation systems (ITS) improvements across the system.
- $2 million to SPAAN Tech Inc., Chicago, for construction management services as needed for work on I-90.
- $2 million to DLZ Illinois Inc., Chicago, for construction management services as needed for sign structure and retaining wall repairs across the system.