The North Carolina Board of Transportation brought in five new members for four-year terms and extended the terms of three other members.
Members of the board work with the North Carolina Department of Transportation to determine priorities for transportation needs in the state. Nineteen individuals make up the board.
The new members, sworn in by North Carolina State Supreme Court Justice Paul Newby, include:
- Sandra Fountain for Division 3, including Sampson, Duplin, Onslow, Pender, New Hanover and Brunswick counties
- Terry Hutchens for Division 6, including Cumberland, Harnett, Bladen, Robeson and Columbus counties
- Patrick Molamphy for Division 8, including Moore, Lee, Chatham, Randolph, Hoke, Montgomery, Richmond and Scotland counties
- Tracy Dodson for Division 10, including Mecklenburg, Union, Anson, Cabarrus and Stanly Counties
- Walter Debnam Jr. for Division 14, including Cherokee, Clay, Macon, Graham, Transylvania, Henderson, Polk, Jackson, Haywood and Swain counties
Board members with extended terms include:
- Major General Hugh Overholt for Division 2, including Carteret, Jones, Lenoir, Green, Pitt, Beaufort, Craven and Pamlico counties. Overholt has been on the board since 2009.
- “Gus” Tulloss for Division 4, including Johnston, Nash, Wayne, Wilson, Edgecombe and Halifax. Tulloss has been on the board since 2008.
- Andrew Perkins, member at large since 2003.