The National Truck Equipment Association elected three new members to its board of trustees and a new president at the 46th Annual NTEA Convention held in conjunction with The Work Truck Show on March 9-12, 2010.
Allen Birmingham was named the new NTEA president. Birmingham, the national sales manager for Tommy Gate Company in Phoenix, Arizona, accepted the gavel from immediate past president Andrew Outcalt.
New distributor trustees include Jim LoPresti, president and CEO of Auto Safety House in Phoenix, Arizona, and Jeffrey Messer, president of Messer Truck Equipment in Westbrook, Maine. Dave Zelis,director of sales and marketing at Buyers Products Company in Mentor, Ohio, was named a new manufacturer trustee.
The 2010-2011 board of trustees includes:
- Executive Committee
- First vice president: Steve Sill, president of Aspen Equipment in Bloomington, Minnesota
- Second vice president: Frank Livas, senior vice president for Brake and Clutch of Salem, Massachusetts
- Third vice president/ treasurer: Shawn Jacobs, president and COO of STS Trailer and Equipment of Syracuse, New York
- Executive director/ secretary: Jim Carney.
- Distributor trustees
- Bobby Horton, general manager of Commercial Body and Rigging in Garland, Texas
- Steve Hayes, general manager of Layton Truck Equipment in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Richard Sippola, president of Carnegie Body Co. in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Manufacturer trustees
- Mark Woody, president of Palfinger North America in Niagra Falls, Ontario, Canada
- Brett Collins, vice president of sales and marketing of Venco/Venturo Mfg. in Cincinnati, Ohio.