Wood surfaces, leather seats, a ton of technology and Southwestern styling. These are the touches that Ram says make the all-new 2019 1500 Laramie Longhorn a “no compromise luxury pickup.”
Though the truck carries the same great exterior styling redesign unveiled a couple of weeks ago across the 2019 Ram 1500 lineup, the interior of the Laramie Longhorn is what sets it apart, Ram says.
It might be a bunch of marketing speak, but Ram is really pushing the western/cowboy theme in its announcement of this truck. Here’s a pretty representative paragraph of how the truck maker feels about the Laramie Longhorn’s design: “Layered with premium materials, the Laramie Longhorn carries iconic features and design cues from traditionally handcrafted, time-tested wares such as the antique pocket watch, hand-tooled leather cowboy boots or a horseman’s saddle.”
Here are the interior features that translates to:
- 100-percent full-grain leather dashboard
- Southwestern-inspired door-panel and armrest coverings
- Embossed alligator skin pattern leather covering the center console, instrument panel, seats and door panel inserts
- Chrome accents
- Brushed nickel badge on the console lid
- Barn wood accents throughout the cab
- Nighttime ambient lighting
- Heated leather seats
- Technology: 12-inch touchscreen with dual app operation; 4G WiFi hotspot; five USB ports
- Longhorn branding mark burned on the wood-trimmed upper glove box door
Yep. They literally branded the damn glove box.
Here’s some of what Ryan Nagode, Ram’s Chief Designer of interiors, says about the design of this truck in the video below.
“I’m very proud of what the team has accomplished with the interior…For us it has a very strong appearance,” Nagode says. “That’s something that we really wanted to do with this pickup truck is what does it feel like when you wake up on the morning of a ranch or something like that.”
And though the interior is designed to make you feel like you’re driving through an episode of “Lonesome Dove,” there are some exterior differences with this truck as well:
- Two-tone RV Match Brown trim or monochrome paint
- LED headlamps and tail lamps
- Unique 2o or 22-inch wheels and chrome grilles
- Chrome bumpers
- Standard tow hooks, side steps and wheel flares
- Laramie Longhorn Edition belt buckle badge on the front doors and tailgate