Volvo Construction Equipment debuted its updated L90H wheel loader at the recent World of Asphalt show in Houston. The L90H 2.0 offers improved fuel efficiency, productivity, serviceability and greater ease of use.
“The L90H wheel loader features updates to its transmission and torque converter that shorten cycle times and provide up to 20 percent greater fuel efficiency,” says Chris Connolly, product manager, wheel loaders. “It also has a higher tipping load and dump height.”
In February, Volvo launched the H-Series 2.0 updates on four larger models of wheel loaders: the L150H, L180H, L220H and L260H.
Some of the new features on the L90H:
- Delayed engine shutdown: reduces engine wear by avoiding hot turbo shutdowns
- Electro-servo hydraulic controls: features adjustable sensitivity and allows operators to shift quickly between linear and single-lever controls
- Torque converter lockup with selectable modes: lowers rpm and increases speed, saving fuel
- New loader arm design: optimized design resulting in increased payload
- Slidable cooler: provides easier access to remove dirt and debris
- Rim pull control: reduces wheel spin and slippage, thereby saving fuel, reducing tire wear and improving productivity
- Tipping load: increased by 3.4% increase over previous generation
- Dump height: 3 inches higher than prior generation
- External axle coolers: minimizes the risk of overheating and prolongs axle oil change interval
- Smart Control: improves engine and hydraulic harmony, improves fuel efficiency and lowers driveline duty
- Smooth Control: improves fuel efficiency and operator comfort during load and carry/transport
The L90H, as well as updated L60H and L70H models, will be available late summer 2018.
(Not all new features may be available on all models and all new features may not be available at the same time for any given model.)