Komatsu has launched a new and improved update to its D375A crawler dozer that the company says provides a big productivity boost along with lower cost of ownership.
The D375A-8 is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D170E-7 Tier 4 Final engine that delivers 609 horsepower when the machine is moving forward and 748 hp when placed in reverse.
Designed for reclamation, large construction or production mining applications, Komatsu says the D375A-8’s power boost in reverse results in faster cycle times and a productivity increase of up to 18 percent.
The engine is paired with an automatic, three-speed transmission with an automatically engaging lockup torque converter for increased fuel efficiency and faster ground speeds during long pushes.
Komatsu product manager Joe Sollitt says the new dozer also benefits from improvements to the dozer’s mainframe and track frame for increased durability.
“The durability improvements to this new model drive down the total cost of ownership,” Sollitt says. “The improvements to the undercarriage, cab suspension, and operator interface will make D375A-8 operators more comfortable and productive throughout their shift.”
Further improvements to the D375A with operator comfort in mind include larger cab mounts with more vertical stroke and shock absorption and a new heated/ventilated seat with improved suspension and cushioning. The machine’s updated design also improves visibility to the cutting edge and ripper point.
Blade auto-pitch, ripper auto-return and shoe slip control are standard features along with the following:
- New full wrap-around rear platform.
- Engine access doors swing forward not upward.
- Swing-out, hydraulically driven and reversible radiator fan and Mesabi copper-core radiator simplifies cleaning and maintenance.
- All new, large capacity, automatic air conditioner remote mounted behind cab.
- Ground level fluid evacuation/service center with Wiggins quick couplers.
- Remote mounted, centralized grease points.
- Ground level fast fuel coupler
- Centralized fluid sampling and PM service connectors.
- Rearview monitoring system.
- LED lighting package
A new hydraulic boarding ladder is an available option.