Operator comfort and greater productivity highlight new enhancements to the 2016 Case IH lineup of high-horsepower tractors and combines. Led by significant updates to the Axial-Flow 140 series combines, the company’s AFS Connect advanced farm management system also has received a number of upgrades, including two-way wireless data transfer and some of the widest coverage available.
Key 2016 Axial-Flow 140 series enhancements include:
- Improved transmission: New two-speed electronic shift transmission increases efficiency and allows producers to harvest more acres per day. Operators can simply select a gear or speed range by the button for a smoother, more productive ride. When changing gears, the electronic shift provides quick and seamless control, higher speed ranges and greater traction.
- Lightweight concave design: A new concave design lightens the workload. At just 38 lbs. — less than half the weight of previous models — six lightweight concaves make it easier to tailor the combine to different crop and field types. Plus, the concaves are even more accessible thanks to a repositioned tailings elevator.
- Enhanced CrossFlow cleaning system: Built to handle greater capacity at higher speeds, the improved CrossFlow cleaning system automatically detects when the combine is maneuvering on uneven terrain. Side-hill compensation reduces grain loss and boosts productivity by up to 20%. The system also features a six-auger bed system designed to increase cleaning capacity by up to 5,000 bushels per hour.
- Higher capacity grain handling: A larger clean grain elevator and improved delivery auger complement the higher-capacity cleaning enhancements. For better grain unloading efficiency, a new pivoting spout allows adjustments from inside the cab. The remote camera kit makes monitoring and controlling the unloading process even easier.
- Better residue management: The completely redesigned residue management system includes a chevron blade-mounting pattern for more consistent distribution and better quality. A new single point “quick latch” system with service lock-out also allows more convenient maintenance.
- Intuitive user interface: A user-friendly interface provides greater productivity in real time and on the fly without getting out of the cab.
See additional Equipment Experts coverage to read more about the 2016 updates to AFS Connect.