Lowe’s Tool Rental departments are rolling out nationwide, with the big box store opening its first space this month in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Lowe’s says each 4,000-square-foot department will feature:
- Commercial-grade equipment, including well-known brands like Husqvarna, Bosch and Metabo HPT.
- An assortment of drain cleaning, restoration, sanitation and concrete tools, in addition to items for purchase, such as protective equipment and cleaning solutions
- An online reservation option, in addition to in-store self-service kiosks
- The ability to view and sign digital rental documents from a mobile device
- A team of associates who can provide hands-on product demonstrations
- Space for a service shop, on-site cleaning and product demo area.
“For all of our customers, having the right tool is key to every project, but they may not always want to purchase a new tool or piece of equipment,” says Fred Stokes, senior vice president of Pro Sales and Services for Lowe’s. “Lowe’s Tool Rental helps customers save on the cost of owning, maintaining and storing the tools they need.”
Lowe’s says these tool rental departments will either be added on to or be built next to an existing store.