The Illinois Tollway board of directors has approved two construction contracts and six professional engineering service contracts valued at $41.3 million. The approvals were made during the group’s August meeting.
“The contracts approved by the Tollway today not only invest our funds to ensure well-maintained, reliable roadways for our customers, but they also are serving as investments in local business growth and development,” says Illinois Tollway Executive Director Greg Bedalov. “More than half of these contracts include Partnering For Growth Program relationships with experienced firms mentoring new, up-and-coming firms as they work together to deliver engineering services to the Tollway.”
August construction contracts awarded include:
- A $2 million contract to Natural Creations Landscaping, Joliet, Illinois, for tree planting and landscaping on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (Interstate 90) between the Elgin Toll Plaza and the Kennedy Expressway.
- A $382,668 contract to Star & Crest Decorating Inc., Chicago, Illinois, for systemwide toll plaza signage improvements.
August professional engineering services contract awards include:
- A $13.4 million contract to exp U.S. Services Inc., Chicago, Illinois, to design the new interchange to connect the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) and the new I-490 Tollway.
- A $8 million contract to RS&H Inc., Jacksonville, Florida, and Toltz, King, Duvall, Anderson and Associates Inc., St. Paul, Minnesota, for roadway and bridge design for the new I-490 Tollway between Devon Avenue and Pratt Boulevard.
- A $5.5 million contract to Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company Inc., Downers Grove, Illinois, for roadway design for the new I-490 Tollway between Pratt Boulevard and Touhy Avenue.
- A $5 million contract to Globetrotters Engineering Corporation, Chicago, Illinois, for construction management as needed on the Tri-State Tollway (I-294).
- A $5 million contract to Geo Services Inc., Naperville, Illinois, for geotechnical services as needed systemwide.
- A $2 million contract to SE3, Downers Grove,Illinois, for construction management as needed systemwide.
The Tollway Board has approved more than $313.4 million in construction and professional engineering services contracts so far in 2017, and more than $4.8 billion has been invested by the Illinois Tollway since the Move Illinois Program began in 2012.