Two days after suffering a massive electric shock while on the job near Philadelphia, a construction worker died from his injuries Wednesday.
According to a report from WPVI TV, 36-year-old Joseph Iacovino and another worker were working Monday morning from a scissor lift at King of Prussia Mall as part of an expansion project.
The men were cutting electric cables in an existing section of the mall on the second floor when Iacovino was shocked.
It’s unclear which of the men cut the offending cable, but it carried 13,000 volts of electricity directly into Iacovino. The other worker was hurt but suffered non-lifts-threatening injures the station reported.
You can read up on how to protect yourself and your crew from electric shock hazards on the jobsite in the Electrocution section of our Safety Watch hub.