Ram Commercial has introduced two programs to assist commercial upfitters, dealers and customers in viewing, certifying and installing a variety of truck-mounted products.
Ram Commercial’s Augmented Reality Upfit Configurator and Q Pro are both designed to make it easier and faster when it comes to determining the best work-related options for a Ram van and chassis cab truck.
“The commercial truck segments rely heavily on customer options, reliability, and ease of conversion and no one does it better than Ram,” said Mike Manley, Head of Ram Brand, FCA – Global. “As part of continued improvement, Ram Commercial addresses all three areas with the introduction of Ram Augmented Reality Upfit Configurator and Q Pro while maintaining industry leadership for ease-to-upfit on our Chassis Cab trucks and ProMaster vans.”
Introduced late last year, the Ram Augmented Reality Upfit Configurator is a computer-generated visual program allowing upfitters and dealers to virtually showcase a number of solutions to customers. Perspective buyers have the opportunity to virtually walk around the vehicle and even view inside to assess the various options via computer simulation. Originally offered on the Ram ProMaster full-size van, the configurator has now expanded to the Ram ProMaster City and the entire Ram Chassis Cab line (3500, 4500 and 5500).
Ram Commercial also announced the official launch of Q Pro, a new qualification process for upfitters to certify their product with Ram Engineering. Q Pro allocates Ram Engineering resources to survey, make recommendations and certify upfitter products. Once certified, the upfitter can use Ram’s Q Pro co-brand to help market their product and customers will know that their new truck and upfit meet various standards including:
- Quality, reliability and durability
- Regulatory compliance
- Standardized process controls
- Warranty and continuous improvement
Ram reports that it’s designed and engineered its Chassis Cab truck line with the upfitter in mind. The Chassis Cab truck line includes Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500.
Ram Chassis Cab 3500, 4500 and 5500 features:
- Industry standard Cab-axle (CA) lengths and frame width
- No DEF tank relocation required
- Flat frame rails
- Vehicle system interface module (VSIM) to communicate with aftermarket modules
- Left- or right-side power takeoff (PTO) capability
- Largest-in-class brakes
- Electronic stability control (ESC) on all models
- Best-in-class fuel tank capacity of 74 gallons
Ram ProMaster vans
- Vertical interior walls
- Lowest load floor
- Predrilled holes for ease of upfit
- Best-in-class standard V-6 horsepower
- Best-in-class turning diameter
- Best in class standard interior cargo height