Later this year Ram will begin production on a special edition pickup based on the 1500 Sport model.
Designed to provide a customized look straight from the factory, the 2017 Ram 1500 Night Package adds several blacked-out features to give a distinctive, and quite pleasing to be honest, look to one of five available shades: Bright Silver Metallic, Bright White, Brilliant Black, Flame Red and Granite Crystal Metallic.
Mike Manley, head of the Ram brand for Fiat Chrysler, said the Ram Rebel, another 1500 model adorned with a bevy of Mopar parts, has shown the brand a growing demand for “factory-custom trucks.”
The Night Package’s following blacked-out features complement body-color door handles, fascia and rear bumper with dual chrome exhaust tips:
• Grille surround with black “Hex Perf” pattern inserts
• “RAM” stamped tailgate with blacked-out lettering from Ram 1500 Rebel model
• Ram’s head grille badge
• Flat black Ram 1500 door badge
• Flat black 4×4 tailgate badge (if applicable)
• Flat black 5.7L HEMI® door badging (if applicable)
• 20 x 9-inch gloss black aluminum wheels
• P275/60R20 black sidewall all-season tires
Brought over from the 1500 Sport are that truck’s black-bezel projector headlamps with LED market lights, black-bezel tail lights, cloth bucket seats, 10-way power adjustment, power-adjustable pedals and automatic temperature control with dual-zone climate control.
The truck is powered by a standard 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 delivering 305 horsepower and 369 lb.-ft. of torque. A 5.7L HEMI V8 is also available, providing 395 hp and 410 lb.-ft. of torque.
Night Edition buyers can also choose from the following options and upgrades:
• Lighted and lockable RamBox cargo management system with adjustable tie-down cleats and dual-purpose bed extender/divider
• Sport performance hood and Black running boards
• Mopar cat-back exhaust and cold-air intake
• The 1500’s link-coil suspension can be enhanced with the addition of an optional Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension System with multiple driver-selectable ride heights and load leveling features.