Women of Asphalt (WofA), which works to foster and promote mentoring and networking opportunities for women in all facets of the asphalt industry, recently announced its first Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors consists of the following 11 women:
- Amy Miller, P.E., President, National Director of the Asphalt Pavement Alliance (NAPA)
- Audrey Copeland, Ph.D., P.E., Secretary, President & CEO of NAPA
- Natasha Ozybko, Treasurer, Sales Manager for Arkema-Road Science
- Janelle Barrientos, Asphalt Distributions Manager for Flint Hills Resources LLC
- Sheila Barkevich, Senior Vice President for Callanan Industries Inc., a CRH Co.
- Ashley Batson, J.D., Executive Director of the South Carolina Asphalt Pavement Association
- Debbie Novak, Sales Representative for Missouri Petroleum Products Co. LLC
- Kirsten Pauley, P.E., Executive Director of the Asphalt Pavement Association of Indiana
- Judy Pellicano, Vice President of Assets for Colas USA
- Tracie Schlich, Director of Marketing and Membership for the Asphalt Institute
- Kari Shiflett, Director of Human Resources for Lakeside Industries Inc.
In addition to traditional board of director duties, each board member is responsible for leading a national working group and furthering mission-focused initiatives.
WofA will seek to create professional development opportunities for women in asphalt through education and training, advocate for women in the asphalt industry, and encourage other women to join the asphalt industry, the group says.