Finalists have been named for the 2005 Equipment World Contractor of the Year contest, sponsored by Equipment World magazine, the Cat Rental stores, Cat Used.com and Wacker Group. The 12 finalists are:
· Earth-Scrapes Excavating, Tuscon, Arizona, owned by Sean Leiber and Jody Mott
· Eco Turf, Raliegh, North Carolina, owned by Andy Smith and Clayton Phillis
· Evans Construction, Connelly Springs, North Carolina, owned by Mickey Evans
· Flack ‘n’ Flack Construction, Billings, Montana, owned by Richard and Kevin Flack
· Interstate Sawing, West Bend, Wisconsin, owned by Douglas (Duke) Long
· Louis Manzie Inc., Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, owned by Louis Manzie Jr.
· McCaughey Bros, Havertown, Pennsylvania, owned by John and Jim McCaughey
· Roberts Excavation, Berthoud, Colorado, owned by Gerald Roberts
· Schier Construction, Houston, Texas, owned by James Schier
· Skyline Engineers, Santa Teresa, New Mexico, owned by Ronald W. King
· Smith Trucking & Construction, Hixson, Tennessee, owned by D. Aaron Smith
· Triangle Excavators, Holland, Michigan, owned by Dianne Jacobs and Steve Krohn
The Equipment World Contractor of the Year contest is designed to honor contractors with $5 million or less in annual revenues who have exhibited solid management practices. All finalist companies receive an four-day, expense-paid trip to Las Vegas, where the 2005 Contractor of the Year will be named on March 12. The winner will be featured on the cover of Equipment World‘s May 2005 issue.