Equipment World has named five finalists to its inaugural Big Iron Dealer of the Year award. The award is sponsored by the online heavy equipment network platform Krank.
In alphabetical order, the finalists are:
- Alta Equipment, New Hudson, Michigan: This Volvo dealer serves markets in Michigan, Illinois and Indiana with nine locations. It also represents Genie aerial lifts and telehandlers, Link-Belt cranes, Gehl and Takeuchi compact equipment along with other manufacturers.
- Ditch Witch of Oklahoma, Arkansas & The Rockies, Oklahoma City: This second-and third-generation dealership has seven full-service locations in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado, Utah and Idaho. Along with Ditch Witch trenchers, horizontal drilling machine, vacuums, mini skid steers and mixers, the company also carries the Hammerhead and Subsite brands.
- Franklin Equipment, Groveport, Ohio: Formed by four partners in 2008, Franklin Equipment has 16 locations throughout Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Kentucky and Tennessee. Focusing on rental services along with sales, it represents several manufacturers including Wacker Neuson and New Holland.
- Newman Tractor, Verona, Kentucky: Operating out of two locations in Kentucky and Florida, Newman Tractor represents Bell articulated trucks, Marooka crawler carriers and Sany excavators and Hyundai construction equipment, including excavators, wheel loaders and rollers.
- West Side Tractor Sales, Naperville, Illinois: Started in 1962, West Side Tractor Sales is a third-generation family-owned heavy equipment distributor with territories in northern Illinois, Indiana and southern Michigan. A full-line John Deere dealer, the company also represents several other brands including Hitachi, Bomag, NorAm, Etnyre and Felling.
The Big Iron Dealer of the Year award is sponsored by the online heavy equipment network platform Krank.
The award is given in recognition of community engagement, customer education, staff training and marketing initiatives, along with sales, rental and service performance. Since this is not primarily a sales or revenue award it is open to distributors and rental companies of all sizes.
The winner will be named at Randall-Reilly’s R-Squared construction marketing event next week. The winner of the Big Iron Dealer of the Year award will be featured on the Big Iron Dealer page and recognized in the print edition of Equipment World.