The Illinois Tollway board of directors approved two construction contracts and three professional engineering service contracts at its July meeting with a value of more than $8.3 million.
The construction contracts are to certified small businesses, and all five contracts bring the yearly total for construction and professional service contracts to $272 million.
“The Illinois Tollway remains committed to putting together projects of interest to small construction companies and increasing the number of firms competing for Tollway work,” says Illinois Tollway Executive Director Greg Bedalov. “Since launching our own Small Business Set-Aside Program in 2013, the Illinois Tollway has awarded a total of 40 contracts and of the 63 unique firms that bid on these contracts, 43 of the companies had never previously worked on a Tollway contract.”
July construction contracts awarded include:
- $2 million contract to Fence Masters Inc. for right-of-way fence and gate installation on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) between the Elgin Toll Plaza and the Kennedy Expressway.
- $1.2 million contract to Elite Fiber Optics LLC for fiber optic cable removal on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) between the Elgin Toll Plaza and Illinois Route 53.
July professional engineering services contract awards include:
- $1.9 million contract to Infrastructure Engineering Inc. to design a portion of a new interchange to connect the eastbound Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) and the new I-490 Tollway.
- $1.7 million contract to Graef-USA Inc. to design a portion of a new interchange to connect the westbound Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) and the new I-490 Tollway.
- $1.5 million contract to the team of Wynndalco Enterprises LLC and Midwest Engineering Associates Inc. for design services for pavement and structural preservation and rehabilitation on the Tri-State Tollway (I-94) from Half Day Road to west of the Edens Spur Toll Plaza.