The American Public Works Association has named its Top 10 Public Works Leaders of the Year for 2017, a program that recognizes “outstanding career service achievements of individual public works professionals” in North America.
The award is given to individuals in both the public and private sectors.
“The Top Ten Public Works Leader Award aims to inspire excellence and dedication in public service by recognizing the outstanding career service achievements of individual public works professionals and officials,” says APWA Executive Director, Scott Grayson. “Since its inception in 1960, the Top Ten Leaders award program has recognized 570 men and women who reflect the highest career standards of professional conduct for public works officials.”
The award winners include:
- David Fabiano, P.E., PWLF – Town Engineer, Gilbert, Arizona
- Lee Gustafson, P.E. – Senior Project Manager, WSB & Associates, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Patricia Hilderbrand, P.E. – Division Manager, Coordination Services, Public Works Department, Kansas City, Missouri
- Richard Howard, CFM, P.E., PWLF – Public Works Director, Orlando, Florida
- Paul May, P.Eng. – Chief Engineer, York Region Rapid Transit Corporation, Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Robert Newman – Director of Public Works, Santa Clarita, California
- Jeanne Nyquist – President, Nyquist & Associates, Tigard, Oregon
- Darren Schulz, P.E. – Director of Public Works, Carson City, Nevada
- Kevin Sheppard, P.E., PWLF – Public Works Director, Manchester, New Hampshire
- Larry Stevens, P.E., PWLF – Project Director, HR Green, Johnston, Iowa