The American Society of Concrete Contractors (ASCC) recognized concrete contractor with exemplary safety records at the association’s annual conference in Atlanta, Georgia, on September 17.
The W. Burr Bennett Awards for Safety Excellence were given to Lewis Construction of Schofield, Wisconsin, and McCarthy Building of St. Louis, Missouri.
ASCC gave Best Safety Achievement Awards in both the general contractor and specialty contractor categories for contractors that received the lowest incident rate.
General contractors that won the Best Safety Achievement Awards included:
- S.B. Ballard Construction of Virginia Beach, Virginia, in the more than 250,000 work hours category
- California Engineering Contractors of Pleasanton, California, in the 100,000-250,000 work hours category
- Wm. Aupperle and Sons of Morton, Illinois, in the less than 100,000 work hours category
Specialty contractors that won the Best Safety Achievement Awards included:
- Concrete Strategies of St. Louis, Missouri, in the more than 250, 000 work hours category
- Lloyd Concrete Services of Forest, Virginia, in the 100,000 – 250,000 work hours category
- E.C. Concrete of Jacksonville Beach, Florida, in the less than 100,000 work hours category
ASCC gave 48 contractors awards for zero lost time due to accidents and recognized 30 contractors for lowering their incident rate from the previous year. The organization also recognized 63 contractors for achieving an incident rate below the national average.