Deere & Co. has voluntarily recalled certain 110 tractor loader backhoes and 4000 Ten Series compact utility tractors with hydrostatic transmissions. The company, which is working in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, says an internal failure may occur within the hydrostatic transmission that would prevent the transmission from returning to neutral after the pedals are released. This can cause the machine to move unexpectedly.
Deere is urging owners of utility tractors or backhoes affected by the recall to contact their John Deere dealer to make arrangements for free installation of improved parts. The machines should not be driven until they are repaired.
The recall is for John Deere models with hydrostatic transmissions in the following serial number ranges:
· 110 TLB — LV0110T211067 through LV0110T211617
· 4210 CUT — LV4210H220677 through LV4210H221025
· 4310 CUT — LV4310H232267 through LV4310H233638
· 4410 CUT — LV4410H241367 through LV4410H241821
· 4610 CUT — LV4610H260774 through LV4610H260906
· 4710 CUT — LV4710H270806 through LV4710H271286