Reeves Construction Co. reports that the South Carolina Asphalt Pavement Association (SCAPA) presented the following awards for Green Construction, Innovative Pavement, Project Delivery, and Quality Pavements during its annual Winter Conference on January 30, 2018:
- Green Construction Award — Sloan Construction and the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) District 3 for using more than 77,000 tons of recycled asphalt pavement and more than 200,000 tons of warm-mix asphalt.
- Innovative Pavement Award — Sloan Construction and SCDOT District 3 for the state’s first use of Intermediate B Special, a cutting-edge rapid road rehabilitation method.
- Innovative Project Award — Palmetto Corp. and Florence County for innovative use of Surface Type C mix as an underlying support layer for a cushioned, rubberized playing surface on the Miracle League Baseball Field.
- Project Delivery Award — Charleston County Transportation Sales Tax Department and Banks Construction Co. for timeliness and efficiency in the completion of East Montague Ave. in Charleston County.
- Quality Pavement Awards — Lane Construction Corp. and SCDOT District 7 for work on Binnicker Bridge Road (SC Highway 70) in Orangeburg County; Banks Construction Co. and Berkeley County for work on Autonomous Drive; and Rogers Group, Inc. and SCDOT District 3 for work on U.S. Highway 29 in Spartanburg County.