The Illinois Tollway board of directors approved five contracts for construction and professional engineering services valued at $10.3 million at its April meeting.
This brings the yearly total for approved contracts to nearly $107 million, and more than $4.6 billion since the Move Illinois program began in 2012.
“The Illinois Tollway’s 15-year Move Illinois capital program is focused on delivering projects that enable us to keep our existing system in good repair and improve service,” says Illinois Tollway Executive Director Greg Bedalov. “The contracts approved today are investments in our roadways and technologies that will help provide our customers with a safe and efficient system.”
Construction contracts awarded include:
- $2.6 million to Aldridge Electric, Libertyville, Ilinois, for over-the-road electronic message sign improvements on the Reagan Memorial Tollway (Interstate 88) and on the Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355)
- $675,209 to RoadSafe Traffic Systems, Romeoville, Illinois, for systemwide roadway pavement marking improvements
- $652,631 to Fox Excavating, Batavia, Illinois, for drainage improvements at two locations on the Tri-State Tollway (I-294) near 111th Street and 107th Street
- $395,114 contract to Fox Excavating, for drainage improvements on the northbound Tri-State Tollway (I-294) between 137th Street and 135th Street
Professional engineering services contract awarded:
- A $6 million contract to Parsons Transportation Group, Chicago, for intelligent transportation systems maintenance and support