NRMCA creates Concrete Cares Award
| January 21, 2011 |
The Manufacturers, Products and Services Division of the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association established the Concrete Cares Award, which will recognize outstanding contributions in community service by an NRMCA producer member company.
With ready mixed concrete plants in almost every community in America, NRMCA member companies are working to make a difference. From Earth Day celebrations to organized volunteering for Boys & Girls clubs, local schools and recreation departments, to raising awareness for breast cancer screenings, ready mix producers are at work every day in their communities. The Concrete Cares Award aims to recognize these efforts and shine a national spotlight on the positive impact ready mixed concrete companies have in home towns across the nation. All ready mixed concrete producers that are members of NRMCA are eligible to be nominated.
A donation in the name of the selected honoree will be made to the charity of its choice. The award will be presented during the upcoming NRMCA Annual Convention, March 19-21 in Las Vegas, during the Association’s annual Awards Breakfast on March 21.
To submit a nomination for consideration, please use this nomination form and forward it and supporting materials to Kathleen Carr-Smith, senior vice president, membership and communications, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 900 Spring Street, Silver Spring, Maryland, 20910. Nominations must be received by Feb. 15 for consideration.
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...