Need to know more about telematics? Learn from the best at AEMP’s 2014 Asset Management Symposium
| July 31, 2014 |
Telematics is reshaping the way we do construction, but the learning curve is steep and many contractors struggle to master it on their own.
Recognizing this, the Association of Equipment Management Professionals has dedicated the conference education portion of its 2014 Asset Management Symposium to telematics. The symposium will be held November 3-5, in Nashville, Tennessee. Key education highlights include:
- Fleet managers from Rumpke Consolidated Companies, Aegion Corp., and Oldcastle Materials will talk on using telematics to achieve a competitive advantage.
- Experts from Waste Management and Kokosing will help you figure out where you are in the telematics integration process and how to move forward.
- The AEM/AEMP Telematics Standard will be explained by three industry professionals representing an equipment company, an OEM and a technology company.
- Building a business case for telematics will be the subject of a presentation from Hertz Equipment Rental and Oldcastle materials.
- An AED dealer panel will facilitate an hour and a half discussion on the topic: Taking the ‘No’ out of technology: The Promise, the Power — and Yes, the Problems of Telematics.
Additional speakers include the opening keynote, Carl Canon who has devoted his life to helping at-risk kids turn their lives around. The closing keynote Christopher Rezendes, has helped hundreds of technology companies, including AEMP, investigate, develop and market complex technologies through unique and uncommon approaches.
Ken Simonson, chief economist, Associated General Contractors of America will also present his Construction Spending, Labor and Materials Outlook to give attendees a glimpse on the macroeconomic trends that will impact the heavy construction industry in the next few years.
In February, AEMP and the Association of Equipment Manufacturers announced a new set of voluntary standards for telematics data feeds. The standards hope to simplify a contractor’s gathering of telematics data from multiple points to having the data feed directly into company systems.
For more information and registration go to www.aemp.org/symposium.