Life in the fast lane
| June 05, 2012 |
Once in a rare while I get the opportunity to drive something a lot more exciting than pickups. I’ve had the privilege of driving Vipers, Corvettes, import exotics and a few other rather quick sports cars over the years during manufacturer’s press events.
I’m sure it scares the daylights out of those in the passenger’s seat when the editor of a pickup magazine gets behind the wheel of fast cars–especially one of the fastest production road cars ever made: the Ferrari F430 F1.
Driving a Ferrari flat-out for seven laps at the Exotics Racing School at the Las Vegas Speedway complex a couple months ago (courtesy of Bridgestone Tire, thanks guys!) is one experience I’ll never forget.
Below is a snippet of what it was like. If you want to see a few laps from my view, I’ll put a short video clip together and post it later.
BTW: We were hitting about 150mph in the long straight….
If you are an aficionado of really fast cars who wants the thrill of a lifetime, this is the best $275 you can spend in Vegas.–Bruce Smith/Editor, ProPickup
From our partners
JLG has just launched the world’s largest self-propelled boom lift -- the…
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/cms/public_html/wp-content/themes/equipworld2.0/includes/sponsored-content.php on line 28 and defined in /home/cms/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992
More From: Construction Blog
- Wall Street tycoon wants to save the planet with attack ads, should have studied engineering instead
- Community involvement, business acumen drives Phillips Companies, one of our 2014 Contractor of the Year finalists
- UAW defeat in Chattanooga ought to be a...
- Concrete work the “sweet spot” for...
- Already break your New Year’s...
- Ken Kesey, Obamacare and you