Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation installs solar panels at facility
| May 18, 2011 |
The Hertz Corporation’s solar energy program continues to expand with the installation of solar electric systems at various Hertz locations.
The most recent installation was completed at a Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation (HERC) facility in Commerce City, Colorado. Hertz is the first equipment rental corporation in the nation to announce the completion of a solar power facility.
Installation of solar panels will continue at the following HERC locations in the upcoming months: Tucson, Ariz.; Augusta, Ga.; Bogart, Ga.; Norcross, Ga.; Boston, Mass.; Baltimore, Md.; Newark, N.J.; and Harrisburg, Pa.
The project is a part of Hertz’s initiative to install solar electric systems across the United States. Earlier this year, Hertz announced that it will be completing the installation of solar electric systems at 16 Hertz facilities throughout the United States. Other locations include Hertz facilities in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
From our partners
JLG has just launched the world’s largest self-propelled boom lift -- the…
More From: Equipment
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...