Deborah A.P. Hersman sworn in for second term as NTSB Chairman
| August 05, 2011 |
Deborah Hersman was officially sworn in on Aug. 4 for a second two-year term as National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) chairman.
She became chairman on July 28, 2009. She was nominated for the second term by President Barack Obama on June 28, 2011, and confirmed by the U.S. Senate on August 2.
“I am deeply honored to continue serving as chairman of the NTSB,” Hersman says in a written statement from NTSB. “It has been a privilege to lead this remarkable organization with its dedicated and professional employees. I look forward to continuing to work with my fellow board members and the staff to make transportation safer for our citizens.”
Her term as chairman ends on Aug. 3, 2013. She is concurrently serving a second five-year term as board member, which runs through Dec. 31, 2013.
From our partners
Snow Valley Ski Club in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, operates seven days a…
More From: Safety
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...